DMS

Saturdays in Books

Kathryn Morrow, James K. Morrow
Disciple of the Dog - R. Scott Bakker The plot is largely underwhelming, but this book isn't plot driven. I'm sad I wasn't reading the Kindle version since this is the first book I've read where I would actually have used the highlight feature that aggregates popularly quoted sections. And I would have used it a lot. There are some individual passages that made me laugh out loud, and at one point tell my husband that according to this book he is a sociopath. I think I might have preferred him skip the story all together and just write a collection of observations of the human condition. Chicken Soup for the Cynic or something. There is one minor geographical error early on, but I only noticed because I grew up closer to the setting of the crime than the main character currently resides.