DMS

Saturdays in Books

Kathryn Morrow, James K. Morrow
The Queen Of Zamba - L. Sprague de Camp This is one of those books that I can't remember if I have read before. Having finished it, I still can't tell. Some parts feel quite familiar, but not in a way that would be unique to this book or even this series.

Still a fun bit of nostalgia and not just in terms of the straightforward adventure story and entertainingly off kilter dialog. But for being just the right brown and yellow fade across the pages and just the right old paper with a hint of cigarette smoke smell to recall the childhood I didn't have in the home I never lived. Nice to know there is still something magical for me in the antiquated form factor of a printed book.

Though if Fire is able to fake the appearance of aged pages, and I can shred some aged paper into a potpourri satchel that fits into the case . . . .