DMS

Saturdays in Books

Kathryn Morrow, James K. Morrow
Just One of the Guys?: Transgender Men and the Persistence of Gender Inequality - Kristen Schilt I really wish this had been a better read. There is interesting content, just not quite in a form I'm looking for.

Organizationally, it is a mess. There’s a methodology appendix at the end that I would suggest anyone interested in trying to read this start with. It provides a much better framework for the discussion than the actual introduction. Though that introduction does provide a lot of good descriptions of trans issues.

The first half features a mix of heavy repetition of basic gender concepts and undefined sociology terms. Oh, and tables that don’t seem to convey any additional information or even provide a clearer illustration of the discussion. The second half is more interesting, but still just a mess.