Saturdays in Books

Kathryn Morrow, James K. Morrow

2017 book pre-orders

Amberlough - Lara Elena Donnelly The Stars Are Legion - Kameron Hurley The Beauty - Aliya Whiteley

These are the physical books I've pre-ordered. Most from the almost-local book shop, unless otherwise noted. Like the e-book post, the ribbon only contains the books BL had covers for.

Lesbians in Space - Kameron Hurley: Will be the next thing I read. B&N was selling signed copies from their online store, so that's what I have.

Amberlough - Lara Elena Donnelly: Spies, smugglers, and fascism. I've heard many good things, but my copy is in another city waiting for me to pick it up.

The Classic & Craft Cocktail - Clair McLafferty: We wrangled Clair and another bartender into doing a multi-course cocktail tasting when she was still tending bar. Another time we took a stirred cocktail class from Clair. She is great, and I'm buying multiple signed copies from her to gift to friends.

Gwenpool, The Unbelievable Vol. 2: Head of M.O.D.O.K. TPB - Christopher Hastings,Irene Strychalski:  Technically haven't pre-ordered yet, but will acquire from the local comic shop. Did anyone see the video of the car driving through a comic shop that made the rounds recently? That's my local shop.

Tender: Stories - Sofia Samatar: A short story collection from one of the best writers.
Dichronauts - Greg Egan: I have no idea what this is about, but Egan. Always Egan.
An Unkindness of Magicians - Kat Howard: This author + this imprint + this title would be hard not to pick up.

The Broken Heavens - Kameron Hurley: Last book in the amazing Worldbreaker trilogy.
The Breathless - Tara Goedjen: YA thriller with romance that starts with a mysterious death, what could go wrong.
The Beauty - Aliya Whiteley: Billed as "a dark slice of the New Weird, encompassing dystopian post-apocalyptic fiction, dark fairy tale and horror"
Persepolis Rising - James SA Corey: 7th book in The Expanse. Book 6 was great, looking forward to more.