DMS

Saturdays in Books

Kathryn Morrow, James K. Morrow

Review: The Fifth Season

The Fifth Season - Robin Miles, N.K. Jemisin

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

This is so good. I am both glad I already have the sequel and trying to not read it because the third one isn't out.

This book starts with the end of the world, and then goes back and forward to give you context. I am a big fan of nonlinear narrative, and this so works for me. I'm also a big fan of how this book examines how the narratives we consume affects our ability to define ourselves.

This is a book about oppression, ya'll, and it's not subtle. And lots of death. And sometimes explosions and stabbing. What's not to love.

Cannot recommend highly enough.

Fantastic.

Perhaps not for readers who are sensitive to murders of small children. But the rest of you should read this.