DMS

Saturdays in Books

Kathryn Morrow, James K. Morrow

Review: Magic Bites

Magic Bites -  Ilona Andrews

I'll try to keep this short since I didn't actually finish this book. Just need to leave myself some notes so two years from now I can attempt to recall why I stopped.

Also, self, always make sure you have a stack of unread books on your kindle before you go on a trip. Otherwise, you're just going to end up in this position again.

I'm thinking "drop any UF that at the 25% mark has no substantive female character besides the narrator" may be a good rule to add. There are more amazing books that I'll connect with out there than I can possibly read. There's really no reason I should have gotten even half way through this one other than my sadly empty kindle.

I put this down mid paragraph and am not going to pick it back up. The idea behind the world is pretty interesting . . . but. So many buts. I don't love the prose. I'm not interested in the protagonists.

By this point, we've met 3 women other than Kate. A meek secretary who cannot be trusted, a blond bombshell who is actually a male shapeshifter, and a redheaded bombshell who is actually a snake.

So many buts, and I left at a butt.

Everything is terrible and I need a drink.